Bruce Springsteen Forum

Das Forum von stonepony.de und the-wish.org ( !!! Jubel, Trubel, Heiterkeit !!! )
Aktuelle Zeit: 28.03.2024 13:11

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 125 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 25.01.2021 10:38 
Administrator
Administrator

Bild

Am 20. Januar 2021 – dem Tag der Amtseinführung des 46. Präsident der Vereinigten Staaten – präsentierte Bruce Springsteen die 17. Ausgabe seiner Radioshow “From My Home To Yours” auf Sirius XM E STREET RADIO.

Der “Boss” läutete die Sendung mit dem letzten Song des dritten Warren Zevon Studioalbums “Excitable Boy” ein. Bruce Springsteen bezeichnete die Komposition “Lawyers, Guns and Money” als ein “Meisterwerk der Paranoia” und gab zu Protokoll, dass dieser Song “perfekt zu Donald Trumps Abgang passe”.

phpBB [video]

Bruce lies die Wahl noch einmal Revue passieren und erinnerte an den 6. Januar 2021, als das Abstimmungsergebnis offiziell verkündet wurde und ein wütender Mob das Kapitol in Washington DC stürmte.

Bruce Springsteen sagte:

Zitat:
“My responses went from ‘What?’ to ‘Huh?’ to ‘Whoa!’ to surprise… to shock… to becoming infuriated… to depression… to deepening anger as the days passed by.”

phpBB [video]

Zitat:
“I ask my good American brothers and sisters to value yourselves and your allegiances more deeply. Donald J. Trump does not deserve your good soul and your honest and heartfelt commitment. Your country, your real country, awaits and needs you….

So I say this with pain and love in my heart: don’t waste your compassion on those who do not deserve it. You are better and worth much more than that. In this world, God’s world, no infallible truth resides in just one man.

There is only one truth — God’s truth — and it is a truth of deep inquiry, humility in the face of facts, and it is grounded in the faith, love, and respect you carry for your neighbors and your country. Let us all pray to God we have the strength to see clearly with our mind, heart, and eyes, and that we may hold our faith high, humbly, and in service of our country and the truth”.

phpBB [video]

Nach einer knappen Stunde spielte Bruce Springsteen den nachdenklichen Titelsong des Leonard Cohen Albums “The Future” und warf ein, dass alle Amerikaner den neuen Präsidenten Joe Biden feiern sollten. Schlussendlich beendete er die Sendung mit den Eigenkompositionen “Reason to Believe” und “House of a Thousand Guitars”.

phpBB [video]

Tracklist:

Warren Zevon – “Lawyers, Guns and Money”
Leonard Cohen – “First We Take Manhattan”
Bruce Springsteen – “Land of Hope and Dreams”
Jay-Z – “Heart of the City”
Run the Jewels feat. Kamasi Washington – “Thursday in the Danger Room”
Green on Red – “You Couldn’t Get Arrested”
Link Wray – “It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue”
Neil Young – “All Along the Watchtower”
Leonard Cohen – “The Future”
Warren Zevon – “I Was in the House When the House Burned Down”
Bruce Springsteen – “Reason to Believe”
Bruce Springsteen – “House of a Thousand Guitars”

BeitragVerfasst: 26.02.2021 10:39 
Administrator
Administrator

Bruce Springsteen begrüsste die SIRIUS XM Hörer am 24. Februar 2021 zur 18. Ausgabe seiner Radioshow “From My Home To Yours”. Die knapp 50minütige Sendung stand unter dem Motto “New Born Soul” und Springsteen nutze die Gelegenheit, um die “Wiedergeburt aller guten Dinge” (Rebirth of all things good) zu beschwören.

“Hello E Street Nation, people, friends, fans, listeners from coast to coast and around the world. Welcome to Volume 18 of “From My Home to Yours”, titled “New Born Soul”.
Our theme today will be the rebirth of all things good, the essentialness of new transformations and good times in your life, and the nurturing of your spirit. So, as you can see, we have our work cut out so let’s start with The Staple Singers and “New Born Soul.”

Als erstes Lied spielte der “Boss” den Staples Singers Gospelsong “New Born Soul”.

phpBB [video]

Die Staples Singers wurden 1951 von Pops Staples und seinen Töchtern Cleotha und Marvis, sowie seinem Sohn Pervis gegründet. Die Band war bis in die 1980er Jahre aktiv und brachte unzählige Hits wie “Respect Yourself” (1971), “I’ll Take You There” (1972), “If You’re Ready (Come Go with Me)” (1973) oder “Let’s Do It Again” (1975) hervor.

phpBB [video]

Im weiteren Verlauf der Show lies Bruce Springsteen unter anderem auch Van Morrison mit “Glad Tidings”, Bob Dylan mit “New Morning” und Sam Cook with the Soul-Stirrers (Jesus I’ll Never Forget) zu Wort kommen. Darüber hinaus legte er ausserdem mit “Real World”, “Living Proof” und “My Beautiful Reward” drei eigene Songs auf, die er 1992 auf den Studioalben “Lucky Town” bzw. “Human Touch” released hatte.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Die Sendung endete mit Jerry Lee Lewis “Great Balls Of Fire” und folgenden Worten:

“And that’s our show for today, pilgrims. So keep searching, keep searching, and until we meet again, go in peace.”

Tracklist:

The Staple Singers – “New-Born Soul”
Van Morrison – “Glad Tidings”
Gene Chandler – “Gonna Be Good Times”
Sam Cooke – “Good Times”
Bob Dylan – “New Morning”
Precious Bryant – “Morning Train”
Jay-Z & Kanye West – “New Day”
Instrumental: Orchestra Njervudarov – “Tristessa”
Sam Cook with the Soul-Stirrers – “Jesus I’ll Never Forget”
Voices of Victory – “I Am So Glad Jesus Lifted Me”
Warren Zevon – “Ourselves to Know”
Bruce Springsteen – “Real World”
Bruce Springsteen – “Living Proof” (Live, MTV Plugged)
Bruce Springsteen – “My Beautiful Reward” (Live, MTV Plugged)
Jerry Lee Lewis – “Great Balls of Fire”

BeitragVerfasst: 12.03.2021 10:59 
Administrator
Administrator

Bild

Die 19. Ausgabe der Bruce Springsteen Radioshow “From My Home To Yours” beschäftigte sich mit Rocksongs, Bands und Fans. Der “Boss” ging in den 70 Minuten auch der Frage nach, welche Beziehung ein Künstler zu seinem Publikum eingehen kann.

Bruce Springsteen begrüsste die Zuhörer mit folgenden Worten:

Zitat:
“Greetings, Earthlings! Gentlemen! Ladies! Fans! Friends!
Listeners from coast to coast and around the world. This is Bruce Springsteen, and allow me to welcome you to Volume 19 of From My Home to Yours, titled “Fans and Bands.” This is an episode based around musicians and their muses: the folks and fans who inspire us, keep us in cheeseburgers, and keep us coming.”

Im Rahmen der Show am Mittwoch den 10. März 2021 spielte Springsteen mit “Where The Bands Are”, “Last Man Standing” und “Letter To You” drei Eigenkompositionen. Die Songs “Where The Bands Are” und “Last Man Standing” beschreiben die Gefühle eines Menschen, auf der Bühne zu stehen und Sklave des Beats zu werden. In “Letter To You” verrät Bruce Springsteen, dass er stets Ängste und Zweifel in Songs gepackt und jedem Fans sein Herz ausgeschüttet hat.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Bruce Springsteen über “Where The Bands Are”:

Zitat:
“Where the Bands Are,” by yours truly, written in 1979, in my bedroom, late at night, on Telegraph Hill Road in Holmdel, NJ — influenced heavily by the Raspberries on this one. It’s a tribute to the beauty and thrills of fandom, reflecting my many joyful nights that I spent at The Stone Pony, watching and sitting in with local acts, flirting with the waitresses, under the spell of blackberry brandy. Returning home in my white C10 pickup at 3 a.m., with the Raspberries blasting over my radio and that sweet ringing in my ears as I fell off to sleep. Those were the days of good feelings. Of being a part of something. Of a real community of musicians and locals, of folks who when Saturday night rolled around, had some place to go, somebody to see, something to dedicate yourself to. And music: music, music, music, to play, to listen to, to live to.”

Neben den eigenen Songs legte Bruce Springsteen auch Lieder unter anderem von Slip Dunlap, Bram Tchaikovsky, Webb Wilder, The MC5, Teddy Thompson, Joe Strummer oder Blue Cartoon auf.

Bruce Springsteen über Slim Dunlap:

Zitat:
“Slim Dunlap was born in Plainview, Minnesota, and is best known as a member of The Replacements with Paul Westerberg. He released two solo albums, The Old New Me and Times Like This, both required listening for any true-hearted rock ‘n’ roll aficionado.”

phpBB [video]

Bruce Springsteen über Joe Strummer:

Zitat:
“Joe was a religious attendee of the Glastonbury Festival, and that’s where it feels like this song came from. Quote: “I was crawling through a festival way out west… Through all the stages I wandered… Coma Girl and the excitement gang / Mona Lisa on the motorcycle gang.” A classic fans tribute from my brother from another mother, Joe Strummer. You are deeply missed.”

phpBB [video]

Bruce Springsteen beendete die Show mit einer Liveversion des Tom Petty Klassikers “American Girl” und gab zum Abschied folgendes zu Protokoll:

Zitat:
“I Will singn off with love and a thank you to all the folks, all of you who’ve inspired me and acted as my muse over the years. Plean keep on coming. There’s many miles and a long road ahead before sunset. So God bless you and go in peace.”

Tracklist:

Bobby Sutliff – “Kings of Flannel”
Matthew Sweet – “Byrdgirl”
Slim Dunlap – “Rockin’ Here Tonight”
Bruce Springsteen – “Where the Bands Are”
The Windbreakers – “Girl From Washington”
Bram Tchaikovsky – “Girl of My Dreams”
Bruce Springsteen – “Last Man Standing”
Iron City Houserockers – “Pumping Iron”
Joe Strummer – “Coma Girl”
Robyn Hitchcock – “Sally Was a Legend”
Webb Wilder – “Battle of the Bands”
MC5 – “Kick Out the Jams”
Masters of Reality – “Jody Sings”
Teddy Thompson – “You Made It”
Blue Cartoon – “She’s a God”
Kish Mauve – “I’m in Love With Your Rock and Roll”
Bruce Springsteen -“Letter to You”
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers – “American Girl” (live)

BeitragVerfasst: 14.03.2021 18:21 

Danke für den Service, Floyd! Mal wieder. So zwischendurch. :wink:

:thumbs1 :stonepony :knuddel

BeitragVerfasst: 06.04.2021 09:58 
Administrator
Administrator

Bild

Die 20. Ausgabe der Bruce Springsteen Radioshow “From My Home To Yours” trug den Titel “Here Comes the Weekend” und ging am 31. März 2021 auf Sirius XM E STREET RADIO ‘on Air’.

Bruce Springsteen begrüsste die Zuhörer mit folgenden Worten:

Zitat:
“Greetings, creatures of Earth! Fellows, freaks!
Interstellar rock fans, locals, beach bums, New Jerseyans, ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls, listeners from sea to shining sea, and around the globe — welcome to Volume 20 of From My Home to Yours, titled ‘Here Comes the Weekend.”

“Als am Freitagnachmittag um drei Uhr die Glocke läutete war ich endlich frei. Frei von irgendjemandem, der mein Leben regulieren und mir sagen wollte, was ich tun müsse…”. Bruce Springsteen erinnerte sich an seine Schulzeit zurück und gab bekannt, dass es nichts schöneres geben konnte, als nach einer harten Schulwoche den Schulranzen vom Rücken zu schnallen, aus den Schulkleidern zu schlüpfen und sich auf den Boden seines Zimmers zu legen.

Zitat:
“What is better than the weekend? Friday, Saturday, Sunday… even a non-working bum like me can remember being in school and counting the days, hours, minutes, and seconds before that three-o’clock bell rang on Friday afternoon. I was free! Free of anybody running my life, telling me where I had to be, when I had to be there! I would burst through the school doors, walk that happy mile from school, down through town, throw my books on the kitchen table, run to my room, rip myself out of my school clothes, deposit them on the floor.…
Oh, yes. Oh, yes, the weekend. My god, how I lived for it.”

phpBB [video]

Zweieinhalb Tage Freiheit!
Ein Wochenende in Freehold, NJ der 1960er Jahre. Bruce Springsteen lies uns an seinen Jugenderinnerungen teilhaben und spielte Songs, die sein Leben geprägt haben. Der “Boss” lies Klassiker von Frank Sinatra (“Saturday Night Is the Loneliest Night of the Week”), The Drifters (“Saturday Night at the Movies”) aufleben und legte während der knapp sechzig Sendeminuten auch neuere Kompositionen (Loney, Dear – “Saturday Waits”) auf.

phpBB [video]

Zitat:
“Friday night was the CYO dance. I’d be there in front of the band, not dancing, but doing my real homework of the week: studying, studying, studying… that lead guitarist’s hands, inscrutably watching every riff and run he made… then I would run home while the other kids were getting their pizza down at Federici’s and chasing the girls. I would run up to my room, and early into Saturday morning I would be trying to replicate what I’d seen down at the dance until I dropped to sleep with the guitar in my hands.”

“At sixteen, I would hop up around 11 o’clock. I would head to the bus terminal, I would hop on the Lincoln Transit bus headed for Washington Square Park and Greenwich Village.”

“I lived in the Village on weekends as a teenager — anything to get me from that big boot pressing down on my neck in my lovely little redneck town.”

“That piece of MacDougal from… I guess from about Washington Square to Bleecker, I think, is the only piece of the authentic ’60s Village that is still intact. And I lived on that piece of concrete for, I don’t know, ’65, ’66, ’67… and if you go there now, you can see it exactly as it was when Steve Van Zandt and I together tramped the concrete from the Park to the Cafe Wha? Check it out.”

“Now there was only one time when the weekend could be truly toxic, and that was when you had freshly broken up with your girl. Then, the weekend would stick in your guts and break your heart with time and emptiness.”

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Bruce Springsteen kam auch auf die unbekannte New Yorker Sängerin und Songwriterin Kristina Train zu sprechen und sagte, dass jeder Musikfan das im Jahre 2012 erschienene Album “Dark Black” besitzen müsse.

Zitat:
…An album you have to own, you have to have it in your library… one of my favorite records of the past decade… terribly overlooked here in the states… Dark Black, Dark Black, Dark Black… you will not regret checking into this wonderful piece of music.

Das Wochenende neigt sich seinem Ende zu.
Bruce Springsteen lies seine 20. Radiosendung mit Kris Kristoffersons “Sunday Mornin’ Coming Down” sowie Dave Edmunds “Here Comes the Weekend” ausklingen.

phpBB [video]

Tracklist:

The Easybeats – “Friday on My Mind”
The Cure – “Friday I’m in Love”
Chicago – “Saturday in the Park”
Loney, Dear – “Saturday Waits”
Kristina Train – “Saturdays Are the Greatest”
Frank Sinatra – “Saturday Night (Is the Loneliest Night of the Week)”
The Drifters – “Saturday Night at the Movies”
Cat Stevens – “Another Saturday Night”
Tony Joe White – “Saturday Night in Oak Grove Louisiana”
Acid House Kings – “Sunday Morning”
Kris Kristofferson – “Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down”
Loverboy – “Working For the Weekend”
Gary U.S. Bonds – “Seven Day Weekend”
Dave Edmunds – “Here Comes the Weekend”

BeitragVerfasst: 09.04.2021 08:27 

:thumbs1
Und heute IST Freitag :D

Was :bruce iges leg mer selber auf Bild

BeitragVerfasst: 10.04.2021 17:00 
Platin Member
Platin Member

Geniales Video mit dem jungen Kristofferson [emoji106][emoji106]

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

BeitragVerfasst: 11.04.2021 18:38 
Platin Member
Platin Member

Oh ja, schönes Video und ein klasse Song. Schön rausgesucht vom Boss!

Ganz nach dem berühmten Springsteen-Vers aus Badlands
hat sich mein Traum vom eigenen Heimkino erfüllt.

BeitragVerfasst: 07.05.2021 09:40 
Administrator
Administrator

Bild

Bruce Springsteen Live – Von seinem Zuhause in dein Zuhause / Volume 21

“Waiting On A Friend” war der Titel der 21. Folge der Bruce Springsteen Radioshow “From My Home To Yours” auf SIRIUS XM E STREET RADIO. Die Show umfasste 20 Songs und viele Geschichten rund um das Thema Freundschaft.

phpBB [video]

Bruce Springsteen läutete die Sendung am vergangenen Mittwoch – 28. April 2021 – mit der Eigenkomposition “Blood Brothers” aus dem Jahre 1995 ein.

Vor mittlerweile 26 Jahre – am 9. Januar 1995 – versammelte Bruce Springsteen die Musiker der E Street Band in der “Hit Factory” in New York City, um neue Songs für das anstehendes “Greatest Hits” Album aufzunehmen. Am gleichen Abend spielte die Band “Secret Garden”, “Murder Incorporated”, “High Hopes”, “Without You”, “Waiting on the End of the World”, “This Hard Land” sowie “Blood Brothers” ein.

Bruce Springsteen:

Zitat:
“Music is the unspoken language of companionship. When you fund that soulmate who understands every note, every syllable of every lyric of every song that ever ripped a hole in your heart, you know you’ve found a friend for life. You are bonded forever through the magic, the mystery and the miracle of rock ‘n’ roll.”

phpBB [video]

Neben eigenen Liedern stellte Bruce Springsteen auch eine Reihe von Songs befreundeter Künstler vor. Unter anderem präsentierte er “You’re a Friend of Mine” aus Clarence Clemons Studioalbum “Hero” aus dem Jahre 1985. Der Titel kletterte auf Platz 16 der US Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Charts und zählt zu den erfolgreichsten Liedern, die E Street Band Saxophonist Clarence Clemons in seiner Karriere hervor gebracht hat. “You’re a Friend of Mine” wurde von Narada Michael Walden und Jeffrey Cohen komponiert und im Jahre 2009 auf Platz 100 der “VH1’s 100 Greatest One Hit Wonders of the 80s” gewählt.

phpBB [video]

Im weiteren Verlauf der Sendung spielte Springsteen den Live Track “Always a Friend”, den er am 14. April 2008 mit der E Street Band und Gaststars Joe Ely und Alejandro Escovedo im “Toyota Center” in Houston, TX vor 16585 Fans performt hatte. Besagter Song wurde am 15. Juli 2008 auf der EP “Magic Tour Highlights” released.

phpBB [video]

Nach etlichen Klassikern wie Steely Dans “Through With Buzz”, Bob Dylans “Positively 4th Street”, Tom Paxtons “Ramblin Rose” und The Byrds “He Was A Friend of Mine” kam Bruce Springsteen auf Southside Johnny zu sprechen und lies es sich nicht nehmen “It’s Been A Long Time” aus dem 1991er Erfolgsalbum “Better Days” aufzulegen. “Better Days” wurde von E Street Band Gitarrist Steven Van Zandt produziert und entstand in Zusammenarbeit unter anderem mit Jon Bon Jovi, Flo and Eddie, Garry Tallent, Max Weinberg, Ed Manion und Bruce Springsteen.

Die Sendung endete nach 80 abwechslungsreichen Minuten mit “Backstreets” und folgenden Worten:

Zitat:
“This is our show. May you be rich in friends in this world. Keep them close to your heart. Give them a home in your soul. And don’t worry about the little things. Until we meet again, live in peace.”

phpBB [video]

Tracklist:

Bruce Springsteen – “Blood Brothers”
The Rolling Stones – “Waiting on a Friend”
Clarence Clemons and Jackson Browne – “You’re a Friend of Mine”
Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band mit Alejandro Escovedo – “Always a Friend” (Live)
The Kinks – “See My Friends”
Janis Joplin – “Me and Bobby McGee”
Elmore James – “My Best Friend”
Steely Dan – “Through With Buzz”
The Rolling Stones – “Mixed Emotions”
Bob Dylan – “Positively 4th Street”
MGMT – “Me and Michael”
Bruce Springsteen – “None But the Brave”
Tom Paxton – “Ramblin’ Boy”
The Byrds – “He Was a Friend of Mine”
Bruce Springsteen – “I’ll See You in My Dreams”
Joan Baez – “Pal of Mine”
Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes (mit Bruce Springsteen und Steven Van Zandt) – “It’s Been a Long Time”
Dave Alvin – “Two Lucky Bums”
Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band – “Two Hearts” (live)
Bruce Springsteen – “Backstreets”

BeitragVerfasst: 07.06.2021 10:18 
Administrator
Administrator

Bruce Springsteen Live – Von seinem Zuhause in dein Zuhause / Volume 22

Bild

Am 21. Mai 2021 lief die 22. Folge der beliebten Radioshow “From My Home To Yours” auf dem Programm von SIRIUS XM E STREET RADIO. Bruce Springsteen erinnerte in seiner 40minütigen Sendung an rauschende Transistorradios und eigenwillige Rock’n Roll DJ’s, die mit ihren aufgelegten Platten die junge Generation der 1950er und 1960er Jahre begeisterten.

Bruce Springsteen erwähnte weder die gängigen Streamingdienste die per heruntergeladenen Apps jederzeit mit den Smartphones aufgerufen werden können. Stattdessen schwelgte er in Erinnerungen und stellte in seinem nostalgischen Rückblick klar, dass das Radio stets eine Schlüsselrolle bei seiner Suche nach einer Welt jenseits seiner Heimatstadt Freehold einnahm.

Bruce Springsteen sagte:

Zitat:
The power and importance of my radio could not be overstated. I lived with it: tucked it in my school bag during the day, and tucked it beneath my pillow all hours of the night. This… this… this music… this was something worth living for. This was speaking to me. There were people who knew and respected who I was and who I wanted to be. There I could find the answer to the only question my dead little town could not afford to ask: Is there anybody alive out there?

Die Show startete mit dem Ramones Klassiker “Do You Remember Rock ‘n’ Roll Radio?” aus dem Jahre 1980. Die Komposition war die zweite Single, die vom Erfolgsalbum “End of Century” ausgekoppelt wurde und auf Platz 54 der UK Single Charts landete. Im Anschluss folgte Bruce Springsteens “Radio Nowehere” aus dem im Jahre 2007 veröffentlichten Studioalbum “Magic” und Elvis Costellos “Radio Radio”.

phpBB [video]

Der im Jahre 1954 in London geborene Elvis Costello komponierte den Song Anno 1974 nachdem er Bruce Springsteens zweites Studioalbum “The Wild, the Innocent and the E-Street Shuffle” gehört hatte. Schlussendlich überarbeitete er den Text und veröffentlichte “Radio Radio” auf seinem zweiten Longplayer “This Year’s Model” im Jahre 1978.

phpBB [video]

Neben bekannten Künstlern stellte Bruce Springsteen in seiner Show, die den Titel “Radio Radio” trug auch weniger bekannte Bands vor. Unter anderem spielte er “Raised on the Radio” der Ravyns, “It’s on the Radio” von The Nines und “My Big Sister’s Radio” der Mighty Mike Schermer Band.

phpBB [video]

Mit den Worten “Until next time … turn on, tune in, and rock out” beendete er die Sendung und verabschiedete die Zuhörer mit der Eigenkomposition “Save My Love”. Bereits am 9. Juni 2021 folgt die nächste “From My Home To Yours” Folge auf SIRIUS XM. Diesmal steht die Sendung unter dem Motto “Old Souls”.

phpBB [video]

Tracklist:

The Ramones – “Do You Remember Rock ‘n’ Roll Radio?”
Bruce Springsteen – “Radio Nowhere”
Elvis Costello – “Radio Radio”
The Ravyns – “Raised on the Radio”
The Nines – “It’s on the Radio”
The Mighty Mike Schermer Band – “My Big Sister’s Radio”
Joni Mitchell – “You Turn Me On, I’m Radio”
Van Morrison – “Hey Mr. DJ”
The Blasters – “Border Radio”
Warren Zevon – “Mohammed’s Radio”
The Beach Boys – “Radio Station Jingles”
The Beach Boys – “That’s Why God Made the Radio”
Bruce Springsteen – “Save My Love”

BeitragVerfasst: 14.06.2021 10:53 
Administrator
Administrator

Bruce Springsteen Live – Von seinem Zuhause in dein Zuhause / Volume 23

Bild

“Old Bones” lautete der Titel der 23. Bruce Springsteen Radioshow “From My Home To Yours” auf SiriusXM. Der “Boss” kramte am 9. Juni 2021 wieder einmal in seiner reich gefüllten Plattenkiste und stellte Songs vor, die sich mit dem “Älterwerden” beschäftigen. Unter anderem spielte er Lieder von Bob Dylan, John Mellencamp, Jerry Lee Lewis, George Jones und Guided by Voices.

Bruce Springsteen sagte:

Zitat:
“Welcome fans, friends, listeners, lovers, seniors from coast to coast and around the world. Welcome to vol. 23 of ‘From My Home to Yours’, entitled “Old Bones”. Old bones, hell … yeah! I have them! And they talk to me every day. They break, lose pieces or I feel them breaking in my knees. My knees have their own language and I listen to them.”

phpBB [video]

Nach der kurzen Begrüssung legte er den Song “Old Bones” der aus Ohio stammenden Indie-Rockband “Guided by Voices” auf. Besagte Komposition ist auf dem siebzehnten Guided by Voices Studioalbum “Let’s Go To The Factory” (2012) zu finden. Im Anschluss lies Bruce Springsteen den Nummer 1 Billboard Hot Country Song “As Good As I Once Was” (1995) des Country Superstars Toby Keith laufen.

phpBB [video]

Natürlich erinnerte Bruce Springsteen während seiner Sendung auch an den “Vater der Nation”. Er gratulierte Bob Dylan nachträglich zu seinem 80. Geburtstag und lies es sich nicht nehmen, mit “Restless Farewell” und “Young At Heart” gleich zwei Dylan Kompositionen zu spielen.

Im weiteren Verlauf der Sendung kam Bruce Springsteen auf seinen langjährigen Freund Elvis Costello zu sprechen und erzählte, dass Costellos Grossmutter an Alzheimer litt. Davon inspiriert schrieb Elvis Costello mit Paul McCartney im Jahre 1989 den wunderschönen Song “Veronica”. Das Lied wurde auf Costellos 1989er Album “Spike” released und auch als Single ausgekoppelt. Kurz nach der Veröffentlichung kletterte “Veronica” auf Platz 19 der US Billboard Hitparade.

phpBB [video]

Bruce Springsteen sagte:

Zitat:
“The rock death cult is well loved and chronicled in literature and music, but in practice, there ain’t much in it for the singer and his song, except a good life unlived, lovers and children left behind, and a six-foot-deep hole in the ground. The exit in a blaze of glory is bullshit.”

phpBB [video]

Tracklist:

Guided by Voices – “Old Bones”
Toby Keith – “As Good As I Once Was”
Murray Ross – “Old Bones”
Jerry Lee Lewis & George Jones – “Don’t Be Ashamed of Your Age”
Carl Perkins – “Class of ’55”
Bob Dylan – “Restless Farewell”
Moe Bandy – “Till I’m Too Old to Die Young”
John Mellencamp – “Don’t Need This Body”
Elvis Costello – “Veronica”
Lefty Frizzell – “I’m An Old, Old Man”
Joe Grushecky – “I Still Look Good (For Sixty)”
The Would-Be-Goods – “Too Old”
Kitty Wells – “Forever Young”
Bruce Springsteen – “Kingdom of Days”
Bob Dylan – “Young at Heart”

BeitragVerfasst: 01.07.2021 14:55 
Administrator
Administrator

Bruce Springsteen Live – Von seinem Zuhause in dein Zuhause / Volume 24

Bild

Obwohl Bruce Springsteen derzeit am Broadway beschäftigt ist und bis zum 4. September 2021 insgesamt 30 Shows im “St. James Theatre” spielen wird, lief gestern die 24. Ausgabe seiner beliebten Radiosendung “From My Home To Yours” auf SiriusXM.

Bruce Springsteen begrüsste die Zuhörer mit den Worten “Hello family, friends, E Street Nation, night owls, daytime sleepers, coast to coast and worldwide fans, welcome to Volume 24 of ‘From My Home to Yours’ titled ‘The Night Time Is the Right Time'” und stellte klar, dass er die Nacht in den Venen hat (I’ve Got The Night In My Veins).

phpBB [video]

Bruce Springsteen stellte während der knapp 70minütigen Sendung ausschliesslich Songs vor, die sich mit der “Nacht” beschäftigen. Natürlich legte er mit “Night” eine Eigenkomposition auf, die 1975 erstmals auf “Born to Run” released wurde.

Angeblich wurde das Lied im Winter 1974 komponiert und zwischen dem 25. April 1975 und dem 19. Mai 1975 in den “Record Plant Studios” in New York City eingespielt und von Jimmy Iovine und Bob Ludwig abgemischt. Seine Live Weltpremiere feierte “Night” am 13. August 1975 im New Yorker Night Club “Bottom Line”.

phpBB [video]

Nach dem Ray Charles Bluesstandard “(Night Time Is) The Right Time”, “Night In My Veins” der Pretenders und Roy Acuffs Gassenhauer “Night Train To Memphis” kam Bruce Springsteen auf James Brown zu sprechen und gab zu Protokoll, dass der aus South Carolina stammende Musiker zweifellos zu den einflussreichsten Musikern des 20. Jahrhunderts zählt.

phpBB [video]

Bruce Springsteen sagte:
Zitat:
“It was the hard funk of James Brown, the man who is undoubtedly one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century. Whatever you hear today about groove, funky, R&B, hip-hop, rap, the roots can be found in the Godfather of Soul”

phpBB [video]

Zum Abschluss der Show erinnerte sich Bruce Springsteen an den Sommer 1977 zurück und erzählte, wie er von Jimmy Iovine überredet wurde, den Song “Because the Night” an Patti Smith weiterzugeben:
Zitat:
“James “Jimmy” Iovine, engineer, record producer, music mogul and entrepreneur par excellence, took me for a ride in the 70s in his orange Mercedes Benz, the first Benz anyone has ever seen, let alone orange. He drove me out towards Coney Island, somewhere, and he asked if he could send the E Street Band’s recording of the unfinished ‘Because the Night’ to Patti Smith, who he was producing at the time. Now Jimmy had, has always had, and still has some very sly ears. Now me, I had a nice hook and a melody on a song that I could not finish the lyrics for. So Patti took it and turned it into the hit it became, writing a beautiful love song for her husband, Fred ‘Sonic’ Smith. Now it wouldn’t have been a hit if I had finished it and released it. It needed a woman’s voice, it needed Patti’s voice and her vision. She turned it into something that I alone could never have created. And for that, I forever thank my lovely, lovely friend.”

phpBB [video]

Nicht nur in den USA (#13), sondern auch in Österreich (#21), Kanada (#13), Irland (#16), Schweden (#9) und England (#5) wurde Patti Smith Version von “Because the Night” im Jahre 1978 ein grosser Hit. 1986 veröffentlichte Bruce Springsteen den Song auf der Live-Compilation “Live 1975 – 1985″. Eine von Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band eingespielte Studioversion findet man auf “The Promise” (2010). “Because the Night” wurde ausserdem von der Heavy Metal Band “Keel”, Kim Wilde, der Gothic Metal Band “Domina Noctis”, KT Tunstall und DJ Jan Wayne gecovert.

Bild
Patti Smith Group – Because the Night (1978)

Die 24. Sendung endete mit den Worten:
Zitat:
“And this is our show. Thank you for spending this time with me, and until we meet again, go in peace”.

Tracklist:

Bruce Springsteen – “Night”
Ray Charles – “(Night Time Is) The Right Time”
The Pretenders – “Night In My Veins”
Roy Acuff – “Night Train To Memphis”
James Brown – “Night Train”
Bee Gees – “Night Fever”
John Mellencamp – “Ain’t Even Done With The Night”
Patsy Cline – “Walkin’ After Midnight”
The Penetrators – “Night Of The Drunken Cheerleaders”
Them – “Here Comes The Night”
Van Morrison – “Wild Night”
Bob Seger – “Night Moves”
Patti Smith – “Because The Night”
Ramsey Lewis Trio – “A Hard Day’s Night”

BeitragVerfasst: 19.08.2021 17:40 
Platin Member
Platin Member

E Street Radio Vol. 25 gibt es auch schon und 26 ist schon angekündigt!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

BeitragVerfasst: 23.08.2021 12:28 
Administrator
Administrator

Bruce Springsteen Live – Von seinem Zuhause in dein Zuhause / Volume 26

Bild

Ausgabe 26 der beliebten Bruce Springsteen Radioshow “From My Home To Yours” trug den Titel “My Hometown”. Bruce läutete die Sendung mit Neko Cases Song “Thrice All American” aus dem Jahre 2000 ein und erzählte, dass “viele Menschen gemischte Gefühle gegenüber ihrer Heimatstadt haben. Es gibt Liebe und Hass, Stolz und Scham”.
Zitat:
“Now, as I say in my Broadway show, most folks have ambivalent feelings about their hometowns,” Springsteen says at the top. “There’s love, and hate, and pride, and shame. So during this show we’re going to listen to a variety of outstanding artists and their take on where they come from”

phpBB [video]

Im Laufe der knapp 60minütigen Show spielte Bruce Springsteen auch “Small Town” seines Freundes John Mellencamp. Die Komposition entstand Mitte der 1980er Jahre und wurde auf John Mellencamps achtem Studioalbum “Scarecrow” released. “Small Town” erreichte Platz 6 der US Billboard Charts und zählt noch heute zu den bekanntesten Songs des mittlerweile 69jährigen Musikers.

phpBB [video]

Bruce Springsteen legte in der Sirius XM Satellite Sendung vom 18. August 2021 etliche Songs bekannter Countrymusiker wie Eric Church, Morgan Wallen, Kane Brown oder Dierks Bentley auf.

Der aus Phoenix, AZ stammende Dierks Bentley landete im Februar 2012 mit “Home” einen Hit und konnte seine sechste Singleauskopplung bis auf den Spitzenplatz der US Billboard Country Charts führen.

phpBB [video]

Das Lied wurde durch eine Schiesserei in Tucson, AZ aus dem Jahre 2011 inspiriert und erzählt die Geschichte der amerikanischen Abgeordneten Gabrielle Giffords, die während einer Bürgersprechstunde vom damals 22jährigen Jared Lee Loughner per Kopfschuss niedergestreckt und schwer verletzt wurden. Bei dem furchtbaren Attentat starben sechs Personen und 13 weitere Menschen wurden teilweise schwer verletzt.

phpBB [video]

Neben Liedern befreundeter Musiker wie Bob Seger, John Cafferty oder Jon Bon Jovi präsentierte Bruce Springsteen auch vier eigene Songs. Darunter eine Live-Version von “Local Hero” aus dem Jahre 2013. Der “Boss” spielte “Local Hero” letztmalig in der “First Direct Arena” im englischen Leeds im Rahmen der “Wrecking Ball World Tour” am 24. Juli 2013:
Zitat:
“I wrote this next song after driving by the J.J. Newberry’s on Main Street in Freehold and seeing my own self-portrait — bandana included — painted in black velvet. With Bruce Lee to my left and a German Shepherd to my right, in their own individual paintings. And I had to go in and buy one! So I did. And I came home, and I hung it up in my hall, waiting for folks to come in and get the joke, and… nobody did. And so it goes.…
God forgive me, because this is the life I have chosen. And that was the E Street Band live in Leeds, with our auxiliary E Streeters front and center: our great horn section, and our great singers”.

phpBB [video]

Darüber hinaus stimmte er zum Abschluss der unterhaltsamen Show mit “My Hometown” und “Glory Days” zwei weitere Eigenkompositionen an.
Zitat:
“My Hometown was written in Los Angeles, California, in 1983 during some sessions in my garage studio in the aftermath of Nebraska and before Born in the USA. This was shortly atfer my 1982 roadtrip west with my road buddy Matt Delia. I spent a good portion of that winter in a Hollywood cottage up towards Laurel Canyon — the previous home of Sidney Toler, star of the Charlie Chan films — and I wrote quite a bit up there, a lot of still-unreleased music, someday to see the light of day, I’m sure”.

phpBB [video]

Bruce Springsteen beendete die Sendung mit folgenden Worten:
Zitat:
“I wanna say, God bless you and your hometown. And until we meet again, I want to congratulate the United States Olympic show jumping team — that’s McLain Ward, Laura Kraut, and my lovely daughter, Jessica Springsteen — on their silver medal win at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. A special shout-out to my great friend and one of the kings of show jumping, Nick Skelton, for his guidance and inspiration. May all of your days forever be glorious”.

Tracklist:

Neko Case – “Thrice All American”
John Mellencamp – “Small Town”
Bob Dylan – “My Wife’s Home Town”
The Pogues – “Dirty Old Town”
Daniel Johnston – “Devil Town”
Bruce Springsteen – “Death to My Hometown”
Eric Church – “Give Me Back My Hometown”
Bob Seger – “Detroit Made”
John Cafferty & The Beaver Brown Band – “Small Town Girl”
Morgan Wallen – “More Than My Hometown”
Dierks Bentley – “Home”
Bruce Springsteen – “Local Hero” (live in Leeds, 7/24/13)
Kane Brown – “Hometown”
Simon & Garfunkel – “My Little Town”
Bon Jovi & Jennifer Nettles – “Who Says You Can’t Go Home”
Bruce Springsteen – “My Hometown”
Bruce Springsteen – “Glory Days”

BeitragVerfasst: 15.09.2021 10:37 
Administrator
Administrator

Bruce Springsteen Live – Von seinem Zuhause in dein Zuhause / Volume 27

Bild

Zitat:
“Hello lovers, brothers, sisters, newlyweds, divorcees from sea to shining sea”.

So begann die 27. Ausgabe der Bruce Springsteen Radioshow “From My Home To Yours”. Bruce Springsteen begrüsste am 1. September 2021 alle Liebenden, Brüder, Schwestern, Jungvermählte sowie Geschiedene und gab bekannt, dass sich die aktuelle Episode der Sirius XM Show mit dem Thema “Going To The Chapel” (Zur Kapelle gehen) beschäftigen wird.

Der “Boss” sprach über die Liebe und die Ehe und spielte als ersten Song den Chuck Berry Klassiker “You Never Can Tell” aus dem Jahre 1964. Der anno 1926 in St. Louis, MI geborene Chuck Berry komponierte dieses Lied im Gefängnis und erzählte die Geschichte eines jungen Liebespaares auf ihrem Weg ins Erwachsenenalter.

phpBB [video]

Bruce Springsteen lobte das Genie von Chuck Berry und merkte an, dass er ein “grosser amerikanischer Geschichtenerzähler war und mein Mark Twain der Rockmusik”. Danach legte er die Singles “Gonna Get Married” von Major Lance, “I’m Gonna Get Married” (Lloyd Price) und “Chapel of Love” der Dixie Cups auf und berichtete folgendes:

Zitat:
“One of the most classic wedding songs of all time: “Chapel of Love.” Written by Jeff Barry, Ellie Greenwich, and Phil Spector, originally recorded by Darlene Love! But turned into a hit that spent three weeks at Number 1 by the Dixie Cups in 1964 — knocking The Beatles out of the top chart spot, and that wasn’t easy to do”.

phpBB [video]

Auch die Springsteen Eigenkomposition “I Wanna Marry You” durfte während der sechzig abwechslungsreichen Sendeminuten nicht fehlen. Bruce Springsteen wählte eine Live-Version aus dem Jahre 2016 aus und sagte:

Zitat:
“I wrote this song as a daydream — you know, you’re standing on the corner, watching someone you’ll never meet walk by, and you’re imagining an entire life with this person! What it would be like, what are your kids are gonna look like, where you’re gonna live… happiness, happiness, happiness! Of course, the life you’re imagining is the one without consequences. You know that one — it doesn’t exist! But hey, this is a song of beauty! Of imagining love, in all of it’s glory. The excitement, and its tentativeness. It’s not the real thing… but I had to start someplace.

That was “I Wanna Marry You,” written for The River, in a Ben E. King-via-Manfred Mann’s Paul Jones vocal style, borrowing a little soul, mixing it with a little doo-wop, and sequenced on the album just before “The River.” It was meant to rub against “The River” and highlight the contradictions of the two songs and of marriage itself. One a utopian dream, and one, social realism. They create a tension and a conflict that was at the center of The River album — really the first album where I wrote about relationships between men and women”.

phpBB [video]

Die Ehe hat auch seine Schattenseiten. Nach der grossen Liebe und einem Eheversprechen auf Lebenszeit, folgt oft eine bittere Scheidung. Bruce Springsteen wählte dazu den Difters Track “Mexican Divorce”, Bob Dylans “I Threw It All Away” und “The Married Men” der Roches aus und gab folgendes zu Protokoll:

Zitat:
“‘The Married Men’ is one of a kind. There is no other song dealing with the ins and outs, complications of marriage, anything like that one. Great song, I believe written by Maggie Roche if I am correct, I’m not sure about that. But they were incredible songwriters and an amazing vocal group, really the kind of vocals that can only come from blood. The Beach Boys have it also, of course; the Everly Brothers had it also, of course; it’s just a unique feature of genetics, the way those voices blend”.

phpBB [video]

Im Anschluss stellte Bruce Springsteen etliche Country Songs vor, die sich mit Liebe, Hochzeiten und Scheidungen beschäftigen. Unter anderem präsentierte er “On The Other Hand” aus der Feder von Paul Overstreet und Don Schlitz. Besagter Song wurde im Juli 1985 von Randy Travis aufgenommen und erreichte Platz 1 der “Billboard US Hot Country Songs”.

Zitat:
“Randy Travis – Singer of 16 Number 1 singles on the Billboard Country charts. He was born in Marshville, North Carolina, had a bit of a troubled youth — and adulthood — but generally mended his ways and dedicated himself to his music. And it’s just one of the loveliest voices of a certain party of Country that was somewhat post-traditional and yet certainly pre- the modern Country that we hear today”.

phpBB [video]

Den Abschluss der 27. Sendung machte Elvis Presley mit “Can’t Help Falling In Love”. Bruce Springsteen erinnerte sich, dass er diesen Klassiker im Rahmen der “Tunnel of Love Express Tour” oft gecovert hat.

Anschliessend verabschiedete er sich mit den Worten “I want you to stay hard, stay hungry, stay alive… and stay in love. Go in peace”.

Tracklist:

Chuck Berry – “You Never Can Tell”
Major Lance – “Gonna Get Married”
Lloyd Price – “I’m Gonna Get Married”
Dixie Cups – “Chapel of Love”
Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band – “I Wanna Marry You” (live in NYC, 1/27/16)
The Drifters – “Mexican Divorce”
Bob Dylan – “I Threw It All Away”
The Roches – “The Married Men”
Tammy Wynette – “D-I-V-O-R-C-E”
Randy Travis – “On the Other Hand”
John Cafferty & the Beaver Brown Band – “Customary Thing”
Dave Edmunds – “I Knew the Bride (When She Used to Rock ‘n’ Roll)”
Tammy Wynette – “Stand By Your Man”
Sam & Dave – “When Something Is Wrong With My Baby”
Charlie Rich – “Life’s Little Ups and Downs”
Elvis Presley – “Can’t Help Falling in Love”

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 125 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde