Bruce Springsteen Forum

Das Forum von stonepony.de und the-wish.org ( !!! Jubel, Trubel, Heiterkeit !!! )
Aktuelle Zeit: 28.03.2024 09:32

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 495 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 03.10.2017 13:36 
Administrator
Administrator

Bild

Heute - am 3. Oktober 2017 um 20:00 Uhr (Ortszeit) - feiert die Show „Springsteen On Broadway“ ihre Premiere am New Yorker Broadway. Das Bühnenstück gastiert bis zum 3. Februar 2017 insgesamt 79 Mal im „Walter Kerr Theatre“ an der 219 West und 48 Strasse im Herzen Manhattans.

Bild
The Walter Kerr Theatre, New York City

Das 960 Zuschauer fassende „Walter Kerr Theatre“ wurde 1921 von Herbert J. Krapp erbaut und im Jahre 1929 feierlich eröffnet. Unter anderem wurden in diesem Schauspielhaus die bekannten Stücke „Murder in the Cathedral“ (1938), „I Hate Hamlet“ (1991), „Angels in America: A Gay Fantasia on National Themes“ (1993), „The Weir“ (1999), „A Bronx Tale“ (2007), “ A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder“ (2013) und „Amélie“ (2017) gezeigt.

Bruce Springsteen kündigte am 9. August 2017 insgesamt 39 Solo-Akustik Shows am Broadway an. Wegen der grossen Ticket Nachfrage wurde das Gastspiel am 30. August 2017 kurzerhand bis zum 3. Februar 2018 verlängert.

phpBB [video]

Bruce Springsteen beschreibt seine Broadway Pläne mit folgenden Worten: „Ich wollte eine Show auf die Beine stellen, die so persönlich und intim wie nur möglich ist. Die Show besteht nur aus mir, einer Gitarre, einem Klavier sowie Worten und Musik“.

Die Bühne:

Bild

Offizielle Pressemeldung:
Zitat:
Springsteen on Broadway is a solo acoustic performance written and performed by Bruce Springsteen under the lights of Broadway. It is an intimate night with Bruce, his guitar, a piano, and his stories. „My vision of these shows is to make them as personal and intimate as possible. I chose Broadway for this project because it has the beautiful old theaters which seemed like the right setting for what I have in mind. In fact, with one or two exceptions, the 960 seats of the Walter Kerr Theatre is probably the smallest venue I’ve played in the last 40 years. My show is just me, the guitar, the piano and the words and music. Some of the show is spoken, some of it is sung, all of it together is in pursuit of my constant goal—to communicate something of value,“ says Springsteen.

Am 19. September 2017 und am 22. September 2017 wurde „Springsteen On Broadway“ jeweils 200 geladenen Gästen im „Pollak Theatre“ in Long Branch, NJ gezeigt. Ausserdem fand am 26. September 2017 eine Rehearsal Show im „Walter Kerr Theatre“ statt. Zur Generalprobe waren ausschliesslich Pressevertreter, enge Mitarbeiter und eine Handvoll Fans geladen.

Setlist – 19. September 2017:
Growin‘ Up, My Hometown, Born in the USA, Thunder Road, Brilliant Disguise, The Wish, My Father’s House, Born to Run, Land of Hope and Dreams, Tougher the Rest, The Promised Land

Setlist – 22. September 2017:
Growin‘ Up, 10th Avenue Freeze-Out, Born in the USA, The Ghost of Tom Joad, Dancing in the Dark, The Rising, Tougher That The Rest (mit Patti Scialfa), Brilliant Disguise, Born to Run

Setlist – 26. September 2017:
Growin‘ Up, My Hometown, My Father’s House, The Wish, Thunder Road, The Promised Land, Born in the USA, 10th Avenue Freeze Out, Toughter Than The Rest (mit Patti Scialfa), Brilliant Disguise (mit Patti Scialfa), The Ghost of Tom Joad, Long Walk Home, Dancing in the Dark, Land of Hope and Dreams, Born to Run

BeitragVerfasst: 04.10.2017 10:33 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Springsteen Walter Kerr Theatre, Broadway, New York - October 3, 2017

1. "Growin' Up"
2. "My Hometown"
3. "My Father's House"
4. "The Wish"
5. "Thunder Road"
6. "The Promised Land"
7. "Born in the U.S.A."
8. "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out"
9. "Tougher Than the Rest"
10. "Brilliant Disguise"
11. "The Ghost of Tom Joad"
12. "Long Walk Home"
13. "Dancing in the Dark"
14. "Land of Hope and Dreams"
15. "Born to Run"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ0MgnJFbex ... teencorner

BeitragVerfasst: 04.10.2017 10:33 
Platin Member
Platin Member

...dieses soll die setlist gewesen sein:
1. “Growin’ Up”
2. “My Hometown”
3. “My Father’s House”
4. “The Wish”
5. “Thunder Road”
6. “The Promised Land”
7. “Born in the U.S.A.”
8. “Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out”
9. “Tougher Than the Rest”
10. “Brilliant Disguise”
11. “The Ghost of Tom Joad”
12. “Long Walk Home”
13. “Dancing in the Dark”
14. “Land of Hope and Dreams”
15. “Born to Run”

Idem ius omnibus

BeitragVerfasst: 04.10.2017 11:23 

Hat jemand Infos wie lange die Show dauerte?

BeitragVerfasst: 04.10.2017 11:56 
Administrator
Administrator

Genau 120 Minuten.

BeitragVerfasst: 04.10.2017 12:02 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Preview mit Freikarten:

http://www.app.com/story/entertainment/ ... 726218001/

The price was right.

About a dozen fans were given free seats to the Friday, Sept. 29, rehearsal of “Springsteen on Broadway,” starring Bruce Springsteen and Patti Scialfa, at the Walter Kerr Theatre in New York City.

“There was a crowd of fans, including myself, waiting outside just to see what was going on and two minutes before showtime, his tour manager gave us tickets,” said Caroline Madden, 25 of Toms River. “To me, it was very emotional and very meditative. He’s looking back on his life and it also felt like a tribute his family, friends and his band members — anyone who helped shape his career.”

More: Bruce Springsteen on Broadway: A Spirit in the Night SPOILER ALERT

The theater was about three-fourths filled, Madden said.

If you have tickets to “Springsteen on Broadway” and you’d like to be surprised by what you see on stage, don’t read any further. However, if you don’t have tickets, or if you do and you want to get an idea of what’s in store, read on. Similar to the Monmouth University rehearsals, Scialfa helped her hubby out on “Tougher Than the Rest” and “Brilliant Disguise.”

“He talked about the first time he saw (Scialfa) at the Stone Pony (in Asbury Park), and he played a little bit of the Exciter’s ‘Tell Him” on the piano,” Madden said.

Scialfa used to sing “Tell Him” at the Pony with Cats on a Smooth Surface.

“He talked about how much he loved her,” Madden said. “It was very sweet moment.”

The songs, as performed at the Kerr rehearsal, are “reinvented” by the Boss, Madden said.

“He completely reinvents his classic songs and pairs them with the finest passages from his book (‘Born to Run’),” Madden said.

More: Best Bruce Springsteen Song: See our pick; Vote now

He also recited the Lord’s Prayer at the close of the show, as he did at Monmouth.

“He seems to me to be in a place in his life where he’s reflecting, maybe getting more in touch with his spirituality,” Madden said. “It was a very spiritual show.”

Previews of “Springsteen on Broadway” begin Tuesday, Oct. 3, at the Walter Kerr and the show opens Thursday, Oct. 12. It's sold out but 26 seats for each performance are available via a www.luckyseat.com lottery for $75. Fans can enter the lottery up to a week prior to the performance and the drawings will occur 24 hours prior to each show.

BeitragVerfasst: 04.10.2017 13:17 
Platin Member
Platin Member

jayhawks hat geschrieben:

Das ist dann schon überraschend... :shock:

BeitragVerfasst: 04.10.2017 16:14 
Platin Member
Platin Member

Smutje hat geschrieben:

Das bezog sich doch auf die Preview.

BeitragVerfasst: 04.10.2017 18:14 
Platin Member
Platin Member

Bei GL gesehen (von Stan Goldstein?)

Some additional thoughts, now that I can type more freely:
As I wrote last night, this was no concert. Don't expect surprises; don't expect tributes to dearly departed artists. This is a set piece. It may evolve--Bruce may decide that a song doesn't underscore a story as well as a different one might and therefore replace it--but I don't expect change for the sake of variety.

It *felt* like a theater piece. Bruce barely acknowledged the audience, performing his stories as an actor delivering a monologue would. His deliveries were polished, considered, and inflected. I wondered at times if he had worked with an acting coach--he sounded very different telling these stories than he has in tours past.

The lights went down right at 8pm; Bruce walked out with no fanfare and dedicated the show to Tom Petty and then immediately launched into a monologue that painted a picture of what was to come. He spoke in the style and voice that he used in his book; certain passages were lifted verbatim from the book, in fact, and others were so much in that voice that you could be forgiven for not knowing when he was reciting the book and when he was expanding on it.

It was immediately clear--even before the first song--that this was going to be "Born to Run: The Musical."

That said, to me at least it did not feel nostalgic at all--the songs were in service of the story, and even old chestnuts sounded new and had deeper meaning when connected to his life's narrative.

He played continuously, providing his own instrumental soundtrack for his stories, and when he sang, he wove together verse, chorus, and prose within each song. If you were there for the music, you might have found that frustrating--but this show is less for fans of Bruce's music and more for fans of the man himself. If you've ever wanted insight into the artist and his muses, this felt as close to authenticity as you are ever likely to get.

There are some very light and funny moments--almost all self-deprecating--but most of the stories and songs are emotionally deep and cutting. (My favorite funny: early in the show, Bruce acknowledged, "I have never done an honest day's work in my life. And yet, it's the only thing I write about.")

The first five songs comprised one long narrative flow--a first act, if you will, covering his childhood and coming of age. As I wrote earlier, "My Father's House" just shredded me. I wept openly. It's always been one of my favorite songs of his, and I've never heard it live. The narrative about his dad that he wove around it made it even more heart-breaking than it already is. The absolute highest highlight of the show, IMO.

"Promised Land" through "10th Avenue" were a leap forward in time to the band years. Although I loved the performance of BITUSA sandwiched in between "Promised Land" and "10th Avenue," it felt forced to me from a narrative perspective. It was a vignette (tied to the story of how he met Kovic) that didn't seem connected to the rest of the tale. Probably it was to illustrate where his social concern and activism originated from, but I felt like I had to infer that rather than feel or sense it.

I loved the interlude with Patti. Seeing the two of them sing to each other songs that obviously hold so much meaning to them as a couple--when you're that close in a room that small, with just their two voices and two guitars--I felt almost an intruder. They were singing to each other rather than to us, and it was absolutely a highlight of the show.

GOTJ through LOHAD represented the final act--less about Bruce's life and more about the issues he cares about. My one and only half-complaint about the "setlist" is that I thought DITD was very, very out of place. I absolutely loved the arrangement (the same as at Invictus the other night), but it was just strange sandwiching it in after GOTJ, and "Long Walk Home" and before LOHAD. I honestly don't know why he even has it in the show. Even his "Put on your dancing shoes!" lead-in was just weird in that setting. If it weren't for the fact that I loved the seamless transition from Dancing to LOHAD, I'd advise him to drop it. I'd prefer a fuller LOHAD to the combined Dancing/LOHAD.

LOHAD itself--wow. I may be biased, as it's my favorite song of his, but the power he brought was incredible. Somehow, he summoned the band, and that abbreviated version felt for two minutes or so like an ESB encore. So powerful.

BTR was gorgeous--very much the Tunnel arrangement, but with the "Promised Land" heartbeat outro (minus the abrupt twang--just a graceful fadeout). Maybe it was just me, but I felt like at the end of the song, everyone was singing (softly) along with the "woah oh ohs." Bruce asked for the audience to be lit up for that last song (felt like an audible decision, but maybe not) so that he could see who he had been performing to.

No encore, just bows, and a hasty exit--lights were up within seconds.

I loved every moment of the experience. I was fortunate enough to score a front row seat right in front of Bruce's piano bench in the drop last week, and while I don't regret for a moment spending the money, I certainly think I would have been just as satisfied with any other seat on the main floor (I wasn't able to check out the view upstairs, so I'll let others comment on that).

One last note re: the (presumably) unchanging nature of the setlist--I have tickets for later in the run that I was intending to sell after scoring the great ticket for last night. I'm not going to do that now. I want to see this show again. I don't care if it's exactly the same as it was last night, with seats that aren't as good--that experience was so powerful for me, the content so moving... like a great play, I could see it again and again.

I was skeptical going into this--I thought it was an overpriced acoustic tour and that I'd end up having enjoyed myself but feeling vastly overcharged. I don't feel that way at all. I've not seen anything quite like this before, and I can't wait to see it again.

Hope you get a chance to enjoy it, too.

Merch: numbered poster run (2000), two tees and a sweatshirt

Photography: strict, but plenty of people ignored it and took selfies before the show and photos of Bruce during final bows.

I saw cameras come out surreptitiously during the show at tImes too.

One important warning: you can't leave your seat at all during the show, even to use the rest room. If you do, you watch the rest of the show from the back of the house. No exceptions.

BeitragVerfasst: 04.10.2017 18:27 
Platin Member
Platin Member

Ain't-a-beauty hat geschrieben:
Bei GL gesehen (von Stan Goldstein?)
One important warning: you can't leave your seat at all during the show, even to use the rest room. If you do, you watch the rest of the show from the back of the house. No exceptions.[/i]

Gut zu wissen! :D Und Danke für diesen Bericht.

BeitragVerfasst: 05.10.2017 04:57 

Cool! 8)

85 Ffm 88 Ffm 92 Ffmx2 Dtm 96 Ffm 99 Muc Ofb Phoenix 02 Ber 03 Gelsenk HH 05 Ber 06 Ffm Köln 07 Köln 08 D'dorf E.Rutherf 09 Ffm NYCx2 12 Barca Ffm Köln E.Rutherfx2 13 Muc Gladb Leipzig 16 Newark Madrid Ber Milanx2 Rom E.Rutherf 18 Broadway

BeitragVerfasst: 05.10.2017 08:58 
Platin Member
Platin Member

Ain't-a-beauty hat geschrieben:
Smutje hat geschrieben:

Das bezog sich doch auf die Preview.

Stimmt; sorry!

BeitragVerfasst: 05.10.2017 13:55 
Administrator
Administrator

Bild

Walter Kerr Theatre - New York, NY
4. Oktober 2017

Setlist:

1. "Growin' Up"
2. "My Hometown"
3. "My Father's House"
4. "The Wish"
5. "Thunder Road"
6. "The Promised Land"
7. "Born in the U.S.A."
8. "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out"
9. "Tougher Than the Rest"
10. "Brilliant Disguise"
11. "The Ghost of Tom Joad"
12. "Long Walk Home"
13. "Dancing in the Dark"
14. "Land of Hope and Dreams"
15. "Born to Run"

Zweite Show am Broadway. Die gleichen Songs wie am ersten Abend.

Pressebericht:

:arrow: The Guardian: It's not a concert, it's a Show

BeitragVerfasst: 05.10.2017 19:33 
Platin Member
Platin Member

Klarer Fall von "Statische Setlist".

Alle, die schon Tickets haben, sollten das boykottieren. Wer sein Ticket loswerden will, soll mir eine PN schicken, ich entsorge dann alles. 8)

BeitragVerfasst: 05.10.2017 19:53 
Platin Member
Platin Member

Fünf mal die Woche Springsteen-Tag und das bis Februar - schon irgendwie unglaublich 8)

Hoffentlich wird es für Bruce nicht zu "Und täglich grüßt das Murmeltier" :wink:

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 495 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde