Bruce Springsteen Forum

Das Forum von stonepony.de und the-wish.org ( !!! Jubel, Trubel, Heiterkeit !!! )
Aktuelle Zeit: 28.03.2024 10:47

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 17 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 07.04.2017 19:14 
Administrator
Administrator

Bild

E Street Band Gitarrist Little Steven van Zandt veröffentlicht am 19. Mai 2017 ein neues Studioalbum. Das Werk trägt den Namen „Soulfire“ und beinhaltet 12 Eigenkompositionen.

"Soulfire" wurde in Little Stevens eigenem "Renegade Studio" in New York City aufgenommen und abgemischt. Mitgewirkt haben unter anderem Marc Ribler (Gitarre), Rich Mercurio (Schlagzeug), Jack Daley (Bass), Andy Burton (Klavier, Orgel), Danny Sadownick (Percussion), Clifford Carter (Klavier), Steven Salcedo (Saxophon), Steven Jankowski (Trompete), Kent Smith (Trompete), John Martin (Trompete), Dan Nissenbaum (Trompete), Michael Davis (Posaune), Ian Gray (Posaune), Jonathan Dinklage (Violine), Tawatha Agee, Elain Caswell, Cindy Mizelle, Lajuan Carter, Martha Redbone, Audrey Martells (Background Vocals), die Asbury Jukes Bläser Eddie Manion und Stan Harrison sowie die preisgekrönten Toningenieure Bob Clearmountain sowie Bob Ludwig.

:arrow: Der Künstler wird sein neues Album auch in Deutschland vorstellen. Am 14. Juni 2017 und am 16. Juni 2017 wird Little Steven mit seiner Band „Disciple of Soul“ Shows auf der Parkbühne im Clara Zetkin Park und im Frankfurter Batschkapp spielen.
:arrow: Der Vorverkauf hat bereits begonnen. Tickets können über Eventim für 60,75 € bestellt werden.

Tracklist – Soulfire:

Soulfire
I’m Coming Back
Blues Is My Business
I Saw The Light
Some Things Just Don’t Change
Love On The Wrong Side Of Town
The City Weeps Tonight
Down And Out In New York City
Standing In The Line Of Fire
Saint Valentine’s Day
I Don’t Want To Go Home
Ride The Night Away

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: DAS ALBUM KANN JETZT VORBESTELLT WERDEN

Die offizielle Pressemeldung:
Zitat:
NEW YORK, April 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Quelle

Little Steven Is Back With SOULFIRE
„I have very little interest in the modern world and I’m not in any way conflicted about that. I grew up in a renaissance period, a very lucky time when the greatest music ever made was also the most commercial. We’ll never see that again so for me, there’s only one criteria, which is greatness. That’s all I care about. Is what I’m doing reaching for greatness? Whether I achieve it or not, that is one hundred percent of my criteria.“ – Stevie Van Zandt

SOULFIRE will be available on CD, digitally and on vinyl as a double LP. Pre-order begins today, April 7 and will be accompanied by an instant grat download of the recently unveiled album track, „Saint Valentine’s Day.“ Additional instant grat downloads will be unveiled in the coming weeks, including the blazing title track, „Soulfire.“

SOULFIRE is Stevie Van Zandt’s first solo album in close to two decades and without question his purest and most uniquely personal artistic statement thus far. The album sees the Rock & Roll Hall of Famer revisiting songs that span the length of his career as artist, performer, producer, arranger, and songwriter, focusing directly on the hugely influential „soul horns-meet-rock ’n‘ roll guitars“ approach he first pioneered on Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes‘ classic first three albums.

„I’ve always been very thematic with my work, very conceptual,“ Van Zandt says. „I need a big picture, I can’t just do a collection of songs, that doesn’t work for me. In this case, the concept became me. Who am I? I’m kind of my own genre at this point. So I tried to pick material that when you added it all up, really represented me. So there are a couple of covers, a couple of new songs, and some of what I feel are the best songs I’ve written and co-written over the years. This record is me doing me.“

Little Steven and The Disciples of Soul made their long awaited return last October, prompted by a friend’s request to perform at London’s BluesFest 2016. Van Zandt had only just returned home from The E Street Band’s summer stadium run but as luck would have it, his autumn plans already included a trip to the UK to celebrate both his wife’s birthday and his friend Bill Wyman’s 80th.

„It was perfect circumstances coming together,“ says Van Zandt.

Little Steven quickly put together a Disciples of Soul for the 21st century, an „ever-changing group of misfits, rogues, and roustabouts“ complete with three backing vocalists and a full horn section currently featuring original Asbury Jukes/Miami Horns saxophonists Stan Harrison (tenor) and Eddie Manion (baritone). Stevie and his 15-piece big band crossed the Atlantic and blew the roof off London’s indigo at The O2 with what was supposed to be just a „one-night-only“ performance highlighted by classic hits like „I Don’t Want To Go Home,“ solo favorites, songs written for other artists, and inventive covers of tracks made famous by Etta James, James Brown, and The Electric Flag.

„I thought, well, we’ve already learned 22 songs,“ Van Zandt says. „Maybe we should make an album.“

With his usually packed schedule clear until The E Street Band’s „Summer ’17“ tour of Australia/New Zealand, Van Zandt decided to strike while the iron – and his big band – was hot. SOULFIRE was arranged and produced by Van Zandt at his own Renegade Studios in New York City, co-produced and recorded by GRAMMY® Award-winner Geoff Sanoff (Fountains of Wayne, Stephen Colbert) and co-produced and music directed by guitarist Marc Ribler – the latter musician recruited by Stevie as Darlene Love’s music director for Love’s 2015 Van Zandt-produced INTRODUCING DARLENE LOVE and then „borrowed back“ to serve that same role with The Disciples of Soul. Background vocals on „I Don’t Want To Go Home“ and „The City Weeps Tonight“ come courtesy of renowned a cappella group, The Persuasions. SOULFIRE was mixed and mastered by Van Zandt’s career-long collaborators and friends Bob Clearmountain (Rolling Stones, David Bowie, The Who, Bryan Adams), and Bob Ludwig (Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, The Band, Sly and the Family Stone).

„This was the most fun I’ve ever had making a record,“ Van Zandt says. „We did it quickly, while we still had the fire and energy from the London show. We just took it into the studio and banged it out, six weeks from start to mix. It’s one of those strange things, it really seems like it was meant to be.“

Each of Van Zandt’s prior five solo albums had seen him expressing his utterly personal songwriting through a changing variety of sounds and approaches, an ambitious adventurousness that has fueled much of his creative output these past two decades. He expanded his parameters, as an actor on The Sopranos and Lilyhammer, as host, historian, and rock ’n‘ roll advocate on Sirius XM’s one-and-only „Little Steven’s Underground Garage“ (not to mention creator of Sirius XM’s long-running „Outlaw Country“ format). Van Zandt kept his skills sharp by composing the score for all three seasons of Lilyhammer and continued to work as producer and songwriter, lending his distinctive craft to records from an array of international garage rockers, but couldn’t kick a lingering sense of unfinished business.

„I felt a bit guilty about having walked away from Little Steven the artist,“ he says. „I left that part of myself behind and I shouldn’t have done that. I let the material down by not continuing to perform it,“ he says. „I betrayed the work and I want to fix that. I didn’t give up on the material – there were a lot of other factors – but I do have a sense of wanting some redemption for it.“

Van Zandt – who will remain a touring and recording member of The E Street Band – is now looking forward to hitting the road with his own big band. Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul will celebrate SOULFIRE with an epic international tour schedule, set to begin April 22nd with an eagerly anticipated return to Asbury Park, NJ’s historic Paramount Theatre and then continue with headline gigs and festival dates around the world. A full-scale North American headline tour will be announced soon – for regular updates and ticket information, please visit http://littlesteven.com/index.php/tour-dates.

„I want to take this band to every place that wants to see us,“ Van Zandt says. „It’s tricky with a 15-piece band, but I’m just trying to achieve my lifelong goal of breaking even!“

Six solo albums and countless milestones in, Stevie Van Zandt has fully captured the singular vision he has refined and pushed forward for the length and breadth of his life and already brilliant career. SOULFIRE marks the much-needed return of a truly great artist, reenergized and unstoppable.

„I’m back into it,“ Little Steven says. „And this time I’m going to stay back.“

BeitragVerfasst: 08.04.2017 18:41 

Habe mich bislang nie mit Steves Solomaterial auseinander gesetzt. Das ist doch jetzt mal ein schöner Anlass. :) Da Bruce anscheinend noch ein wenig Zeit für das neue Material benötigt, freue ich mich auf anderes Material aus dem Kreis der E Street Band.

BeitragVerfasst: 08.04.2017 20:38 
Administrator
Administrator

Ab Morgen gibt es übrigens ein kleines Gewinnspiel. Es gibt 2x2 Tickets für das Konzert in Frankfurt zu gewinnen.

BeitragVerfasst: 10.04.2017 16:35 
Administrator
Administrator

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: DAS ALBUM KANN JETZT VORBESTELLT WERDEN

BeitragVerfasst: 21.04.2017 13:46 
Administrator
Administrator

Hier gibt es das Titellied des anstehenden Little Steven Albums "Soulfire".

:arrow: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premi ... re-w477867

BeitragVerfasst: 13.05.2017 09:22 
Administrator
Administrator

Hier gibt es einen Bericht sowie den Song "Blues Is My Business":

:arrow: http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... m=referral

BeitragVerfasst: 13.05.2017 11:08 
Platin Member
Platin Member

Starke Nummern

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

BeitragVerfasst: 13.05.2017 11:56 
Administrator
Administrator

Love On The Wrong Side Of Town:

phpBB [video]

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: SOULFIRE JETZT VORBESTELLEN. "Soulfire erscheint am 19. Mai 2017.

BeitragVerfasst: 15.05.2017 15:23 

Love on the wrong side und Saint Valentine gefallen mir sehr. Sound ist etwas zu poppig finde ich. Born again savage-Album war zwar klar besser vom Sound her zumindest.

BeitragVerfasst: 19.05.2017 14:41 
Platin Member
Platin Member

Von Stevie besitze ich nur eine kopierte "Greatest Hits". Aber ich habe mir von CeDe das neue Album schicken lassen und es gefällt mir, was ich bisher gehört habe.
Ich freue mich schon auf das Konzert in der Wiener Staatsoper.

Greetinx, S.

Wien 2003 - München 2009 - Wien 2009 - Frankfurt/Main 2012 - Mailand 2012 - Zürich 2012 - Wien 2012 - München 2013 - Mailand 2013 - Leipzig 2013 - München 2016 - Berlin 2016 - Mailand # 1 2016 - Zürich 2016 - Zürich 2023 - Hamburg 2023 - Wien 2023

BeitragVerfasst: 19.05.2017 15:59 
Administrator
Administrator

Eine sternenklare und angenehm warme Nacht, ein ruhiger See. An meiner Seite ein braver Vierbeiner.
Ich habe gestern Abend das Little Steven Album beim Abendspaziergang gehört.
Eine wunderbare Scheibe, sehr abwechslungsreich und verspielt. Ich gebe 5 Punkte!

BeitragVerfasst: 19.05.2017 20:47 
Platin Member
Platin Member

Tolle Scheibe, auch wenn man einige Songs ja bereits von Southside Johnny kennt. Hören sich von Stevie sehr ähnlich an, gleiche Arrangements. Aber einfach klasse Musik!

BeitragVerfasst: 04.06.2017 11:33 
Platin Member
Platin Member

Ich habe das Album nun auch 2-3 mal durchgehört und bin begeistert, wirklich tolle Musik, da hat er sich wirklich Mühe gegeben, freue mich auf das Konzert in Frankfurt!

96 Frankfurt, 99 Köln, 00 Offenbach, 02 Rotterdam, 03 Ludwigshafen Gelsenkirchen, 05 Frankfurt Düsseldorf, 06 Frankfurt Köln, 07 Arnheim Köln, 08 Düsseldorf Paris, 09 Frankfurt Wien, 12 Frankfurt Köln Prag, 13 M'gladbach Leipzig, 16 Berlin Paris Zürich

BeitragVerfasst: 16.08.2023 02:48 
Platin Member
Platin Member

Bin heute zufällig auf Little Steven getroffen, am Washington Square Park in New York City. Zufälle gibt‘s![emoji23]
Bild

BeitragVerfasst: 16.08.2023 05:58 
Platin Member
Platin Member

Ein wirklich schönes Bild! Besonders gut finde ich, dass Stevie nicht so ein gekünsteltes Grinsen aufgesetzt hat, sondern selbst sympathisch lächelnd in die Kamera schaut.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 17 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde