Bruce Springsteen Forum

Das Forum von stonepony.de und the-wish.org ( !!! Jubel, Trubel, Heiterkeit !!! )
Aktuelle Zeit: 07.05.2024 01:24

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 30.07.2011 13:50 
Administrator
Administrator

Bild

Die aus Nashville, TN stammende Tribute/Cover Band “The Long Players” hat es sich seit 2004 zur Aufgabe gemacht, Alben bekannter Musikgrössen nachzuspielen. Während der letzten sieben Jahren haben “The Long Players” 49 Alben Live vor Publikum performt.
Gestern Abend stand der 50 Auftritt auf dem Programm. “The Long Players” traten mit E Street Band Bassist Garry Tallent im “The Mercy Lounge” auf, um alle Songs des Rolling Stones Album “Exile on Main St.” aus dem Jahre 1972 zum Besten zu geben.

Neben Bill Lloyd (Mitbegründer des Countryduos Foster & Lloyd), Steven Allen (Produzent und Mitbegründer der Pop-Band 20/20), Steve Ebe (Mitglied der Rockband Human Radio), John Deaderick (Studiomusiker bei Dixie Chicks, Michael McDonald und Patty Griffin) gehört auch E Street Band Bassist Garry Tallent der Band an.

Garry Tallent hat dem “Nashville Scene Magazin” ein Interview gegeben:
Zitat:
E Street Band/Former Long Players Bassist Garry Tallent: The Cream Interview
Nashville Cream: If you wouldn’t mind telling me just a little about your history in Nashville. What brought you were, and what it was like during that years that you lived here. 

Garry Tallent: I moved to Nashville in February of ’89 from New Jersey. I had a studio up in New Jersey and worked with a few people from Nashville, and met several people who had just moved to Nashville. At that point I had produced a record with Steve Forbert who was living in Nashville at the time. And I had done some work and met Steve Earle, and met Bill Lloyd when they were putting Foster and Lloyd together and we had even talked about me producing that record, but I was touring at the time and all that. So anyways, I was just a little curious, I just liked a lot of what was going on and came down in late ‘88 and ended up moving there. And at that point, I was just starting to do session work and producing and ended up opening a studio and eventually a record company. Just really getting involved in the whole Nashville scene, and hanging out with a lot of cool musicians I had a lot in common with. I really enjoyed my time there, and I think from getting to know people that had similar interests in old records and music and we’d get together and play old records for one another and eventually that’s where the idea of doing something like The Long Players came about, just going and doing live albums beginning to end and using the pool of talent that was in Nashville.

NC: What was the most difficult LP to tackle for you as a Long Player?
GT: They were all very different. My problem was that I had really never done cover songs past about 1969, [when] I started playing with an original band, and so I really didn’t cover albums. So when we went to do something like The Who and I had to emulate John Entwistle’s playing, or even McCartney’s playing on Sgt. Pepper’s, It was all very challenging, but it was all very great, because you could really delve into the styles of the various players. I have to admit that I don’t think I played everything note-for-note, but I think what I tried to do was get a feel for the way the individual played and kind of do my version of it and try to emulate it. More than getting every note right, I really tried to study Rick Danko and they way he placed notes, and the substitutions that he would use. The same with all of the [bass] players — Entwistle and all. I never claimed to have every note that they played, but I loved getting into the different styles and different approaches of each player.

NC: How does the feeling of playing on stage in a club with a cover band differ from playing, say, Giants Stadium?
GT: I have always gotten more nervous in small clubs than in a stadium.
NC: How come?
GT: I couldn’t tell you that. I think it is basically something to do with the fact that people in a small club are all in your face and watching and paying close attention to what you’re doing, where in a stadium everyone is going up for a beer and it just doesn’t seem as crucial (laughs). For The Long Players thing, it was so fresh and so new that it really wasn’t ingrained in my DNA, what was going on, so I really had to have my focus about me. I would be still listening to the record on the way to the club, to make sure I got it. Where when I’m playing in a band I’d been in for forty years, a lot of the stuff I’d been doing for at least 20 of those 40 years, and it’s just a whole different thing. If anything, the whole experience with The Long Players just puts you on your toes a little more.
weiterlesen

Mehr Infos:
“The Long Players” – offizielle Homepage
Seven years after forming, The Long Players — Nashville’s pre-eminent album-oriented tribute band — take on their 50th record

BeitragVerfasst: 03.08.2011 13:41 
Administrator
Administrator

hier gibts Videos: http://www.youtube.com/kjastremski

BeitragVerfasst: 04.08.2011 04:11 
Platin Member
Platin Member

meiner Meinung nachist Exile das beste Rockalbum aller Zeiten

BeitragVerfasst: 04.08.2011 09:13 
Platin Member
Platin Member

The River hat geschrieben: