Bruce Springsteen Forum

Das Forum von stonepony.de und the-wish.org ( !!! Jubel, Trubel, Heiterkeit !!! )
Aktuelle Zeit: 29.03.2024 11:50

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Clarence Clemons gestern abend
BeitragVerfasst: 19.04.2007 20:24 
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXfPIEtdQVM

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.04.2007 21:43 
Administrator
Administrator

hier gibts einige aktuelle Fotos:

Bild

Bild

Bild

schaut recht fit aus :banane

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.04.2007 21:45 
Platin Member
Platin Member

Clarence sieht dünner aus und swingt regelrecht. Der Mann hat definitv für eine Tour trainiert und will es noch mal wissen 8)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.04.2007 21:54 
Administrator
Administrator

Bild

ist das sein Sohn?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 20.04.2007 11:04 

Zitat:
schaut recht fit aus

ich hoffe inständig, dass er es ist, heute ist auf backstreets.com folgendes zu lesen:

Zitat:
For the Big Man's final song of the night, Byrd writes, "he asked for a stool, saying that he was 65 and deserved to be able to sit down

natürlich hat er Recht, aber es waren ja nur vier songs die gespielt wurden, trotzdem... :?

jedoch steht auch folgendes da
Zitat:
Katherine Byrd, who took these photos and reported from the event, tells us, "I would say he looks 'tour ready.'"

von daher 8)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 20.04.2007 12:35 
Administrator
Administrator

No_Retreat hat geschrieben:
natürlich hat er Recht, aber es waren ja nur vier songs die gespielt wurden, trotzdem... :?

Er hat auch während der Rising Tour schon viel gesessen, ohne dass das sonderlich schlecht für die Show war. Im Gegenteil, es kann auch was haben, wenn er bei Jungleland nur aufsteht, um sein Solo zu spielen. So zumindestens hat er es 2003 in Dublin gemacht und das hatte schon was extrem cooles.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 20.04.2007 16:04 
Platin Member
Platin Member

Ragman hat geschrieben:

Er hat auch während der Rising Tour schon viel gesessen, ohne dass das sonderlich schlecht für die Show war. Im Gegenteil, es kann auch was haben, wenn er bei Jungleland nur aufsteht, um sein Solo zu spielen. So zumindestens hat er es 2003 in Dublin gemacht und das hatte schon was extrem cooles.

Ist mir doch egal, ob er sitzt - Hauptsache er spielt! :sing

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 20.04.2007 16:15 
Administrator
Administrator

hier ein Bericht:

Zitat:
The Big Man Gets a Star
By Jim Newsom
Tuesday, Apr. 10, 2007

The world of rock-n-roll knows Clarence Clemons as "the Big Man": saxophonist, deep-throated vocalist, tambourine slapper and onstage sidekick to Bruce Springsteen. His status as a rock icon was fixed forever in the public consciousness with the cover of Springsteen’s classic 1975 album, Born to Run. The unadorned, black and white photo of Clemons blowing his sax while The Boss leans against him, guitar in hand, flew in the face of the busy-ness of most album covers of the time.

"That was a decision that Bruce made," Clemons told me in a recent phone call from his home in Florida. "My part in the music was pretty heavy, and the music was making a statement in that period of time. He was bold enough to make a statement and put the picture out there. The music was simple, straightahead, no candy coating."

Clemons, who grew up in Norfolk County (now the city of Chesapeake) and graduated from Crestwood High School in 1960, is one of the five new members of Norfolk’s Legends of Music Walk of Fame being inducted and enshrined next Wednesday at the Roper Performing Arts Center, along with General Norman Johnson, JoAnn Falletta, Pat Curtis and the Phelps Brothers. He’s been playing sax since he was a youngster.

"I grew up in Oak Grove," he said, "actually in the fork where Butts Station Road and Oak Grove ran together, right in that fork in the road. It’s a highway now—the highway runs through my bedroom!

"When I was nine, my father bought the saxophone. He had a fish market in Berkley and I went to elementary school in Berkley. I started playing saxophone, practicing, then I took lessons at Norfolk State College. I’d take the trolley over to Norfolk State, dragging the horn, but it was a great start."

His is one of the most recognizable saxophone sounds in music, a growling, full throttled tone that recalls the early days of ‘50s rock-n-roll. But Clemons says it originated in the church.

"Actually it’s a more spiritual tone," he explained. "I grew up in my grandfather’s church and that was where we heard the music growing up. But I was mostly influenced by King Curtis, Junior Walker, Boots Randolph.

"My grandfather was at Pleasant Grove Baptist Church down in Norfolk County. I also went to Oak Grove Baptist Church with my aunt, where she sang. And I watched what an impact the music had on the people. It was just amazing. It did what I wanted my music to do—I wanted my music to stir people, to make you feel something. So that’s where my tone developed."

He has certainly stirred a lot of listeners during the 35 years since he first hooked up with Springsteen. But music was not his first career choice; football was. In fact, football is what took him to New Jersey, where he would meet his longtime employer.

"I went to Maryland State College [now the University of Maryland Eastern Shore] on a scholarship," he recalled. "I wanted to play professionally and I played semi-pro with the New Jersey Generals. Then I had a chance to hopefully play for the Cleveland Browns, but I was in a car accident and that kicked me out of football. So the horn took the spotlight in my life.

"All the time I was hoping to play football, I always had my horn in the car and I’d go out jamming. My first town where I started working was Jamesburg, N. J., which is west of Asbury Park. I was messing around with the horn, jamming—when I heard a band playing, I’d jump out and play. I met this guy named Norman Selden who had a band, and I was playing with him. The girl singer was telling me about this guy Bruce. She saw this thing happening, and she said ‘you guys ought to get together, it would be something really fantastic.’

"A couple of months later, he and I did finally get together and she was right. It was an instant thing, I knew it. It was an instant marriage right there."

He became a cornerstone of Springsteen’s E Street Band, and the two have been close ever since. It’s a friendship that has paid off in many ways.

"His dedication to what he believes is a high point," the Big Man said of The Boss. "He’s so dedicated and it rubbed off on me, it inspired me, and it still inspires me."

Clemons has had quite a life outside the band as well. In addition to a string of solo albums, he’s recorded with Aretha Franklin, Jackson Browne, Joe Cocker and fellow local Legend of Music, Gary "US" Bonds.

"Right now," he said, "I’m in the middle of editing a movie I’ve been working on for two years. It’s a documentary about my life in China. I married a Chinese woman and bought a house in China. I spend a lot of time there. It’s about my spiritual life, traveling on the road in China.

"I lived in northern China and that’s a place where nobody knows my name, nobody’s ever heard of Bruce Springsteen. Nobody had ever seen a black man before. It was an eye-opening, life changing experience just to walk down the street there. To be accepted for who I am—they didn’t know the saxophone player there. They just saw a person who was warm and generous, and had an open heart. And that’s the way they accepted me."

Although he grew up in the pre-‘60s era of segregation, Clemons has positive memories of his childhood days here:

"David Starkey is a white guy and he was my best friend. He went to Great Bridge and I went to Crestwood. It was so weird how we played together all day and hung out together, but when we went to school, we went to two different schools.

"There were little odd things, but I have so many great memories. I had some great friends and I can’t imagine growing up anywhere other than where I did. I was a very fortunate person to be able to grow up in the Tidewater area because it was just open and you could go for it. I really am proud of where I grew up, proud of what it was and proud of what it’s becoming."

We’re proud of him too. I asked how it felt to be honored as a "Legend" in his own hometown.

"That is something unbelievable," he replied, "something I never dreamed of. I never think about these things, rewards or awards, but when it’s in your hometown…I really appreciate it." •
Quelle: http://www.portfolioweekly.com/Pages/In ... p/iID/2732

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.04.2007 09:37 
Administrator
Administrator

Na, das läßt doch hoffen!

Big Man rulezzzz!!! :D

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.04.2007 16:50 
Platin Member
Platin Member

Floyd hat geschrieben:
Bild

ist das sein Sohn?

oder der Sohn von Don King ;)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 23.04.2007 08:54 
Platin Member
Platin Member

Lasse hat geschrieben:
Der Mann hat definitv für eine Tour trainiert und will es noch mal wissen 8)
Da war wohl der Wunsch Vater des Gedanken. :wink:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 23.04.2007 10:07 

Kotelette hat geschrieben:
Lasse hat geschrieben:
Der Mann hat definitv für eine Tour trainiert und will es noch mal wissen 8)
Da war wohl der Wunsch Vater des Gedanken. :wink:

Also ich find schon das Clarence deutlich schlanker geworden ist. Wenn man diese Photos mit der Barcelona DVD vergleicht, dann ist da schon ein großer Unterschied erkennbar. Damals war er richtig fett. Aber ich denke auch das er auf ärztliches Anraten hin abgenommen hat!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 23.04.2007 20:20 
Platin Member
Platin Member

Recht interessant, das Video auf Youtube. Danke. Vor allem die Stelle nach ca. 1:40 auf dem Counter, als Clarence das Saxophon absetzt, das Mundstück abwischt, es wieder ansetzt (das Sax) und dann wieder baumeln lässt. Hört man da nicht das Sax weiterspielen? Oder wie kommt mir das vor?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 23.04.2007 20:26 
Administrator
Administrator

Magic hat geschrieben:
Recht interessant, das Video auf Youtube. Danke. Vor allem die Stelle nach ca. 1:40 auf dem Counter, als Clarence das Saxophon absetzt, das Mundstück abwischt, es wieder ansetzt (das Sax) und dann wieder baumeln lässt. Hört man da nicht das Sax weiterspielen? Oder wie kommt mir das vor?

Bild- und Tonspur sind nicht synchron, so was kommt vor.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 02.05.2007 20:15 
Platin Member
Platin Member

Andibuss hat geschrieben:
Ragman hat geschrieben:

Ist mir doch egal, ob er sitzt - Hauptsache er spielt! :sing

Clarence saß ja auch 2005 in Hollywood, Florida bequem auf seinem Hocker und ich finde, er hat seine Sache sehr gut gemacht bei "Drive all Night" und "Thundercrack". Für das ausgefallene Micro bei "Baby's back" am Schluss von "Thundercrack" konnte er ja nix...

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde