Bruce Springsteen Forum

Das Forum von stonepony.de und the-wish.org ( !!! Jubel, Trubel, Heiterkeit !!! )
Aktuelle Zeit: 02.05.2024 22:33

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 19.10.2011 19:11 
Administrator
Administrator

Nils Lofgren Interview:

Zitat:
A word with E Street Band's Nils Lofgren
Nils Lofgren plays the Abbey at ABC on Wednesday night

Do you know anyone who would disagree if you told them that they were the best in the world at their profession? No? Let me introduce you to guitarist extraordinaire Nils Lofgren.

Bruce Springsteen refers his guitarist of 27 years as the "greatest guitarist in the world" night after night during his introductions of the legendary E Street Band, and while Nils Lofgren appreciates the high praise from The Boss, he humbly (and I'd argue, wrongly) disagrees.

Lofgren's musical resume reads like a Rock and Roll history book. He recorded After the Gold Rush (#71 on Rolling Stone's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time) with Neil Young at age 18, joined Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band in 1984 and Ringo Starr's original All-Starr Band in 1989. He also released dozens of solo albums that feature duets with music legends like Willie Nelson, David Crosby and Graham Nash.

Nils Lofgren will display his otherworldly guitar skills when his acoustic duo stops at the Abbey Bar at Appalachian Brewing Company tomorrow night at 8 p.m. Pokey LaFarge is the opening act.

"Last month was 43 years on the road and I've been through all parts of Pennsylvania for decades, so I'm excited to get back and do a great show," Lofgren said in a recent telephone interview. "We're doing a very colorful, extensive, two-hour plus show so I'm excited to get there."

Joined by talented multi-instrumentalist Greg Varlotta on the acoustic duo tour, Lofgren said the show features acoustic guitars, electric guitars, keyboards, trumpets and even percussion.

"'Acoustic duo' is misleading; I do a lot of jamming on the acoustic and electric guitar," Lofgren said. "We'll be there ready to go Wednesday with a great show for everybody."

Lofgren recently wrapped up a year and a half of work on his new solo album, Old School, which he recorded at his home studio in Scottsdale, AZ. He hopes to have CDs ready to ship within the next week (pre-order online), but the album is already available on iTunes.

"The record is a lot of electric stuff and acoustic stuff and guitar playing and everything else," Lofgren said. "It's one of my favorite records and I'm thrilled to finally have something new to share."

Lofgren said he plans to stay on the road promoting his new album for the next year. Once his solo tour ends, E Street Band fans are hoping for a new album and tour from Bruce Springsteen. While the rumor mill continues to churn, no one is sure how the band can move on without the Big Man, E Street Band saxophonist Clarence Clemons, who passed away in June from complications caused by a stroke.

"We can't be the band we were because Clarence is gone. We miss him terribly, and I had a great friendship with him," Lofgren added. "I just have no idea what the future will hold and that's really Bruce's call of course."

Until the Boss makes that decision, Lofgren's Acoustic Duo is a must-see for E Street Band fans and guitarists alike.

"My vision of the night is I want people to go, 'Wow that was a special, emotional night for me,'" Lofgren said. "I encourage people to check the website out and come see us play because we will put on a great show."

Tickets for tomorrow night's show are still available online.

Visit http://www.nilslofgren.com for more information, music downloads, stories from the road and even video guitar lessons.

Quelle: http://www.sarabozich.com/2011/10/e-str ... fgren.html

BeitragVerfasst: 25.10.2011 16:16 
Administrator
Administrator

Neues Nils Lofgren Interview:

Nils Lofgren hat mit Wesley Case, einem Journalisten der “Baltimore Sun”, ein Interview geführt.
Der erfolgreiche E Street Band Gitarrist sprach unter anderem über sein neues Soloprojekt “Old School”. Lofgren sagte, dass er “15 Songs mit Potential aufgenommen habe und es sehr geniesse, die Energie des Publikums während eines Konzert zu spüren”.
“Ich bin sehr untröstlich über den Verlust von Clarence Clemons” wird Nils Lofgren weiter zitiert. Ausserdem gab der Künstler vor, nichts von einer anstehenden Tournee mit Bruce Springsteen und der E Street Band gehört zu haben.

Auszug aus dem Interview:
Zitat:
Nils Lofgren, from solo albums to Bruce Springsteen
His new album, “Old School,” which comes out Nov. 1, will be his 37th solo record, according to his website. Not that he’s keeping count.
“I can’t tell how many of my own records I’ve made,” he says. “The numbers aren’t important. For me, what’s important is that I had the idea to write another one.”
Though he now lives in Arizona with his wife, Amy, Lofgren still has ties to the area. He grew up in Garrett Park, played in the rock band Grin in the early ’70s and keeps a home in Gaithersburg. For a musician who’s seen the world, Lofgren says it’s “a stroll down memory lane every time I get back to Maryland.”

After finishing Springsteen’s “Working On a Dream” tour two years ago, Lofgren slowly began writing new music at his Scottsdale, Ariz., home.
“Usually I let it be a hobby and give myself permission to write songs that won’t be on a record because they’re not that good,” he says.
He put together 15 songs “with potential,” he said. The album was almost there, but Lofgren says he needed to hit the road before finishing “Old School.”
“There’s an inspiration and energy that occurs in front of an audience that I’ve never been able to create at home,” Lofgren says. “It really helped the recording process.”
And of course, there’s Bruce. Lofgren was at the Springsteen house a few weeks ago, working on “Play It as It Lays,” the next record from Patti Scialfa, The Boss’ wife.

“Quite often, Bruce will play bass or keyboards, or just [be] in the nucleus of the band,” he says.
Lofgren, who joined the E. Street Band at the same time as Scialfa in 1984, says he hasn’t heard any plans for a new Springsteen tour. Lofgren is still dealing with the loss of his close friend, E. Street Band saxophonist Clarence Clemons, who died in June at age 69 from complications following a stroke.
“I’m very heartbroken about the loss of Clarence,” he says. “We were dear friends that spoke every week off the road. I’m allowing myself to grieve and not dwell on future E. Street Band plans right now.”
Lofgren had just finished a show in London the night he heard of his friend’s death. Two hours after he left the stage, Lofgren was packing his bags, getting ready to visit Clemons in Florida the following morning. That’s when he got the call.
weiterlesen

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]